Apache Questions [was PHP Problems]

Matt Hippely hippely at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 10:39:35 PDT 2008

Did you check to see if apache was running/started? I am not an expert but
here is what I would try...
I'm not sure what version of OSX you are running but I have the latest
version of Tiger, fyi. Here is what I see when I run the following commands
from terminal:
ps -aux | grep httpd
I get results like:
www        158   0.0 -0.3    46292   6036  ??  S    Sat05PM
0:04.42/opt/local/apache2/bin/httpd -k start

if you dont see any httpd daemons in your process list, then apache might
not be running. You can start it by issuing the command
/opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start
Then check to see if localhost works in your browser.