teTeX fails with probably unquoted path name containing spaces

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu May 1 13:24:57 PDT 2008

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Still, not sure why it's trying to install teTeX if you already have
> texlive. The octave port is written to only care if there is a binary
> named "tex", not which port provided it. If you have a tex in /opt/
> local/bin that should be enough.

The tex binary (or the link to it anyway) is provided by the texlive
port, so just having texlive_texmf-minimal isn't enough.

Jerry, I think at this point you would want to do the following,
assuming you don't want to install texlive_texmf-full:

sudo port clean --all teTeX
sudo port install texlive +minimal
sudo port install octave

- Josh