trying to build gnucash

nodje nodje.co at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 19:47:37 PDT 2008

I had successfully build Gnucash in the past but its stopped working because
of some dependencies on Goffice.
I've never been able to upgrade it.
I tried sudo port -ufn upgrade gnucash but it ended up in:

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.6.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
installed.
configure: error:
*** GLIB >= 2.6 is required to build Gnucash; please make sure you have the
*** development headers installed. The latest version of GLIB is
*** always available at ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/glib/.

I don't really understand this actually. Why is Macport not able to treat
glib as a dependency and update it? I'd be happy to upgrade it myself but
there's many glib available (from 'port installed').

What am I supposed to do here? I'm looking at
http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gtk-macosx/build-instructions to build
a Quartz compatible version of gnucash but I'd rather have it built with
port.

thanks
nodje