gnome-menus v kde4

David Evans devans at macports.org
Mon Apr 27 12:30:11 PDT 2009

I've been working through the gnome dependency tree from the bottom up
upgrading to 2.26 which is way over due.  However, I think on going
maintainership of gnome is more than a one man task.  So I'm willing to
be a co-maintainer if others will also participate.

With regard to QA, a major problem with MacPorts is the lack of a
separate port tree for ports under test.  With something as far reaching
as gnome or kde, when a major revision occurs, it would be better to
work out all the kinks for the suite of ports in such a testing environment
without inflicting it on the MacPorts user community at large.  Then,
the next step would be to establish a testing protocol and recruiting
a group of testers who are willing to work with less than perfect ports.