Simple SMTP Relay?

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 22:28:57 PST 2009

Greetings, Fellow Travelers.

I don't have an SMTP server to use, so I can only send mail from GMail
and not from Thunderbird.  Does MacPorts have a simple SMTP server I
could run on my Mac, that would look up the recipient's MX record and
deliver my outgoing mail directly to the recipient's mail server?

I thought ssmtp might do it, but it's not a daemon but a command-line
program for sending individual messages.

If MacPorts can't do it, I also have a Fedora 10 box that would be
sure to have something I could use, but I'd rather install it on my
MacBook Pro so I can send mail while I'm in cafes.

Thanks!

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   I'm looking for a job in Silicon Valley:
     http://www.goingware.com/resume/cover-letter.html