daemondo

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed Feb 11 11:38:21 PST 2009

Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> If you have naming consistency which it looks like you do you could do:
>
> port reload bind9:
>
> <pseudo code>
> function reload ($2) {
>      launchctl stop "org.macports.$2";
>      launchctl start "org.macports.$2";
> }

In fact it is not a reload, but a restart. And I don't see any point in
integrating the launchctl interface into port. port load/unload are
useful as you do not have to type the long path names to the plist
files, but everything else should be done with launchctl.

Rainer

PS: Please remember to use "Reply All" so your message goes also to the
list and not only to me.