[Q] how to uninstall "not registered" inactive ports

Kuniaki Mukai mukai at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Wed Feb 25 20:27:39 PST 2009

Hello

I have two inactive ports, which I want to uninstall.
But I got only "not registered" message.

I appreciate if some one give me any hint on  how to uninstall
such inactive ports.

% port list inactive
p5-test-harness                @3.14           perl/p5-test-harness
p5-test-simple                 @0.86           perl/p5-test-simple
% port list inactive
p5-test-harness                @3.14           perl/p5-test-harness
p5-test-simple                 @0.86           perl/p5-test-simple
% sudo port uninstall  inactive and p5-test-*
--->  Unable to uninstall p5-test-harness 3.14_0, the following ports depend on it:
--->  	p5-test-simple
Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on p5-test-harness first.
% sudo port uninstall  p5-test-simple at 0.86
Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: p5-test-simple 0.86 not registered as installed.
% port list inactive
p5-test-harness                @3.14           perl/p5-test-harness
p5-test-simple                 @0.86           perl/p5-test-simple

(MacBook Pro  MacOSX 10.5.6)