Case of port names?

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Feb 27 15:54:55 PST 2009

Stumped entirely, if I run a clean --dist, I will get a checksum
mismatch with the port name set to ASSP, if I run the port name set to
assp, I do not.

name			    assp
version			    1.4.3.1
categories		    mail
maintainers		    hostwizard.com:scott
description		    Anti-Spam SMTP Proxy (ASSP) Server
long_description	    tba
homepage		    http://assp.sourceforge.net/
platforms		    darwin
master_sites		    sourceforge

use_zip			    yes

checksums                   md5     95191c8a081601a5b80557ad606d867a \
                             sha1
67d9587d78e8c6d2696ff13d5ae323bb513421f1 \
                             rmd160
0e0cc34e56a3d54e06f4d6a3c123322431d33dcc

depends_run		    bin:perl:perl5.8
distname		    ASSP_${version}-Install
worksrcdir		    ${distname}/ASSP

set assp_base		    ${prefix}/var/ASSP

# This distribution is just perl files
use_configure		    no

Some side questions, I know about `port contents`, is there a command
to tell me the base in which the install has happened in, other than
looking through `port contents`?  I want to cd `port something` and
get right to where the installed files are.

Maybe it is that I am just testing a lot, but a `port uninstall ASSP`
does not remove the files in /opt/local/var/ASSP, at least, not all
the time,  What is the best way to get the distfiles, work, and
installed files gone, as well as unregister them?

No matter what the name is, I can `port install assp` or `port install
ASSP`, so case is not mattering in the command phase, is this normal?
This is probably an OS X thing being case i?

Thanks

--
Scott

* If you contact me off list replace talklists@ with scott@ *