subversion on 10.4

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Jun 1 08:04:44 PDT 2009

On May 31, 2009, at 1:28 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> I know there was a problem compiling 1.6.x while 1.5.x is active.
>>
>> also with 1.4.x
>
> Right, I wouldn't be surprised if the issue exists compiling 1.6.x
> while any version earlier than 1.6.0 is active, but I have not
> tested other than the last 1.5.x version.

It's only a problem when the ABI of the installed library is different
from the ABI of the one that is being built.

So, upgrades work fine for minor versions.

Also, the problem doesn't manifest on 10.5. Since I no longer have a
10.4 system, it's difficult for me to know what might fix the build
problem.

If someone with 10.4 can generate a patch (or even just figure out
what part of the build would need to change, and is willing to test a
patch), then we can get it fixed.

--
Daniel J. Luke