gnutls-devel?

Jeff Simmons jsimmons at goblin.punk.net
Tue Jun 2 07:55:09 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 02 June 2009 02:59, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> >> This has got to be some kind of source code bug in OpenVAS.
> >
> > Perhaps they have never tried to compile on a Mac before.
> >
> > Which part of OpenVAS are you interested in? There seem to be
> > several parts. I was able to create a MacPorts port for openvas-
> > client without difficulty and could commit it for you if that's the
> > part you wanted. I'm having more difficulty with openvas-libraries
> > though, which are required for openvas-server. I will try to report
> > the problems I encountered to the developers of OpenVAS.
>
> I was able to build ports for openvas-client, openvas-libnasl,
> openvas-libraries and openvas-server. They build for me on Mac OS X
> 10.4 Intel. I just committed them so they should be available to you
> within the hour. I didn't test them, except to verify that openvas-
> client opens, because I don't know the software.
>
> Is this what you need? Can you try these ports and let me know if
> they work for you?

openvas-libraries, openvas-libnasl, and openvas-server all build fine.
openvas-client stops here:

--->  Attempting to fetch tiff-3.8.2.tar.gz from
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for tiff
--->  Extracting tiff
On Mac OS X 10.5, tiff 3.8.2 requires Xcode 3.1 or later but you have
Xcode 3.0.
Error: Target org.macports.extract returned: incompatible Xcode version
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gtk2 tiff xorg-
libXcomposite xorg-compositeproto xorg-libXext xorg-libXfixes xorg-
fixesproto xorg-libXcursor xorg-libXdamage xorg-damageproto xorg-libXi
xorg-libXinerama xorg-xineramaproto xorg-libXrandr xorg-randrproto

There's another package, openvas-plugins, that contains the actual
vulnerability tests. It shouldn't be necessary to the port, since openvas has
an update-plugins script that fetches them via rsync, but I haven't tested it
on an empty plugins installation yet.

BTW many thanks. It's pretty incredible (to me anyway) that you would put a
port like this together so quickly.

Jeff Simmons                                   jsimmons at goblin.punk.net
Simmons Consulting - Network Engineering, Administration, Security
"You guys, I don't hear any noise.  Are you sure you're doing it right?"
        --  My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult