port_cutleaves

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at macports.org
Fri Jun 19 13:43:07 PDT 2009

Because it would require adding maybe 10 ports to depends_build to
EVERY port that depends on X11.

True that binary packages don't need the *proto packages, but (for
example) every package that has depends_lib port:gtk2 is going to need
to add about 10 ports to depends_build if you make the protocol
headers build dependencies.  Do you want to manage that?  I sure
don't.  That's why they were added to depends_lib to the xorg-libs
that need them to build.  That way anything that needs that lib will
have the headers it needs as well.