Spim Install Failure

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 2 01:18:41 PST 2009

On Mar 1, 2009, at 17:37, Scott Haneda wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2009, at 9:55 AM, David P. Henderson wrote:
>
>> I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to
>> get the spim port installing. It is currently marked as
>> nomaintainer and appears to fail during the install into DESTROOT.
>> Using the latest version of macports (ran selfupdate before
>> attempting to install spim) and the spim version is 7.4.
>> Specifically it looks as if the install is failing while trying to
>> install documentation.
>
> I could be way wrong on this one, but this seems to  be an issue
> that is being discussed in a few others threads.

I haven't seen any similar errors reported in other threads.

> If you look at the error, it is not finding a html doc page, and
> failing on installing that, thereby failing the activation.

It's failing during destroot, so it hasn't even gotten to the
activation phase.

> I believe, you could use the -f flag to force it on install, `port -
> df install spim`, or, since you already have it close to installed,
> you can try `port -df activate spim` though you will still be
> missing that one doc page.

Forcing can't help. It can't find the file it's trying to install. No
amount of coercion will allow MacPorts to install a file it can't find.

David, I was able to reproduce the issue if I do not have the imake
port installed (that is, if I'm using imake provided by Apple in /usr/
X11R6). The problem goes away if I use imake provided by MacPorts. In
r47624 I switched the port's dependencies so that the MacPorts imake
port will always be used. Please wait an hour, then "sudo port sync"
and try installing again.