checking for gcc

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Sat May 2 08:01:41 PDT 2009

Le 2 mai 09 à 16:09, Rainer Müller a écrit :

> On 2009-05-02 15:48, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>> Le 26 avr. 09 à 22:27, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>>> Regarding (2), MacPorts base does not complain about gcc 3.3 simply
>>> because nobody has added code to do so. Actually, it should not
>>> complain;  should just use /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 (on Tiger and Leopard)
>>> regardless of what has been gcc_select'ed, but again nobody has yet
>>> added code to do so. I do not know if there is any real problem
>>> with compiling MacPorts base with gcc 3.3 on Tiger or Leopard.
>>
>> with gcc 3.3, i don't think there is any real problem,
>>
>> but when i put an other compiler which knows ada in my path, i get
>> configure: error: Could not locate a working Objective-C runtime.
>> so it would be nice to do it, so i won't have to change my path every
>> time :-)
>
> Please file a ticket against the port for which this happens. It
> has to
> be patched to adhere CC from the environment (or configure call)
> instead
> of calling gcc directly.

it *is* MacPorts, not a Port

rsync -azv rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/base/ macports/
cd macports/
./configure --enable-readline --prefix=/Users/thomas/Documents/prgm/
bin/autoinstall/macports --with-install-user=thomas --with-install-
group=thomas

curiously, the problem doesn't happen when i do
port selfupdate

Ryan Schmidt wrote :

> But as I understand it, "checking for gcc" does not mean "checking
> where on your system gcc is located". Instead, it means "checking
> if you have asked me to use a specific gcc" and the answer is "you
> have asked me to use /usr/bin/gcc-4.0" which is correct.

(i may not undertand your answer)

> MacPorts just requires any C compiler to compile and does not limit
> this
> to /usr/bin/gcc-4.0. I don't see a reason to do so.

i think it's bad, i explained why
is there some part that you didn't undertand ?

--
Téléassistance / Télémaintenance
http://www.portparallele.com/ThomasDECONTES/