mdmg etc

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Nov 16 13:36:19 PST 2009

On 2009-11-17 08:18, Eric wrote:
> Joshua Root a écrit :
>> On 2009-11-17 07:00, Eric wrote:
>>> And is it possible to install the package somewhere else than (say) in
>>> /opt/local ?
>>>
>> Only if you install MacPorts in the desired prefix.
>>
> Does it mean that m?dmg/m?pkg doesn't create a package for a standalone
> installation ?

No, it means that the software is built in such a way that it needs to
be installed in a fixed place. MacPorts itself is installed in the same
prefix as the software it builds.

>>> Also, will exiting archives be reused or will the packaging commands
>>> always rebuild from scratch ?
>>>
>> Archives are not the same as packages, but existing archives, pkgs and
>> dmgs should be kept as long as they are not older than the portfile.
>
> Sorry, I didn't make myself clear : what I wanted to know was is the
> packaging commands will use an existing archive (from
> /opt/local/var/macports/packages), from a previous install or do they
> rebuild everything from scratch ?

I don't have archive mode turned on to check, but I believe the
packaging targets just require the destroot to be present. If archive
mode is on and an archive is present, the destroot should be provided by
extracting the archive, not by building again.

- Josh