port install imagemagick doesn't: invalid command name "license"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 29 22:46:34 PST 2009

On Nov 29, 2009, at 20:46, Damon Wang wrote:

> 2009/11/28 Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> On Nov 28, 2009, at 18:48, Damon Wang wrote:
>>
>>> DEBUG: invalid command name "license"
>> [snip]
>>> DEBUG: invalid command name "livecheck.type"
>>
>> These keywords were introduced in MacPorts 1.8.0. If you are getting
>> these error messages, you do not have MacPorts 1.8.0 or newer. Try
>> "sudo port selfupdate". If that doesn't work, download the correct
>> MacPorts 1.8.1 disk image from http://www.macports.org/install.php for
>> your operating system and install it. Once you have MacPorts 1.8, that
>> should fix the problem.
>
> port version returns 1.8.1, so I don't think this could be the issue. I
> tend to run port selfupdate before any other command since I have to
> sync the tree anyway.
>
> In case you're interested in the final resolution: this machine is
> managed by Radmind and it turns out its last rev had failed. Imagemagick
> installs just fine on a correctly revved machine.

I'm glad you got it working. I assume, then, that Radmind forgot to copy some files to the machine, which caused its MacPorts to not work properly. Maybe the file that tells MacPorts its version number was updated, but some files that contained the actual working parts of MacPorts didn't get updated. Regardless, I do assure you that the "license" and "livecheck.type" keys were added in MacPorts 1.8.0. See ticket #7493 (license) and revision r51575 (livecheck.type). :)