Trying to rebuild on 10.6

ghe ghe at slsware.com
Sat Sep 5 08:22:58 PDT 2009

On Sep 5, 2009, at 7:02 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Please keep the discussion on the list so others can learn the
> solution once we find it.

I installed SL yesterday, and I can't live without kmymoney. So...

I tried the '-f upgrade' path. No joy. It died a tidy death.

So I deleted /opt (thanks for sticking it all in one place),
reinstalled the 1.8 Snow Leopard flavor, and installed kmymoney. It
died in the middle, but it looks like simply issuing the install
command again picks up where it failed. Like there's a fixed size
array in there filling up or something.

FWIW, on an Air with an SSD, the compiles maxed out both CPU cores
(actual 0.00% idle in ActivityMonitor). On a Mac Pro with a software
RAID1, the cores are loafing (~70% idle), but the compiles still run
faster than on the Air...

--
Glenn English
ghe at slsware.com