was: fvwm - where's pager?? -- SOLVED

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 1 04:40:56 PDT 2010

On Apr 1, 2010, at 06:04, Pau wrote:

> I have set
>
> SupressIcons
>
> in my fvwmrc file.
>
> Still, it would be good to have the, say, default fvwm icons and place
> them somewhere (/opt/local/lib?)

lib is for libraries. Platform-independent data like icons goes in /opt/local/share somewhere.

> and set up the path correspondingly to that.
>
> I believe that you can download the default icons from here:
>
> ftp://ftp.fvwm.org/pub/fvwm/version-1/fvwm-1.24r.tar.gz

Ok, that's the distfile we already download for this port.

> There's a directory there containing a fvwm_icons folder.
>
> Thanks for fixing this.
>
> Btw I am fixing some more things in the default fvwmrc file provided
> by macports. I can send you it when I am done.

Ok.

> I have the feeling that I might be the only fvwm1.24r user on
> macports, but you never know ;)

Well, the developers of the software do state on their download page that version 1 should not be used anymore. I was considering if we should just delete the port to drive this point home. Why do you prefer version 1 over version 2?