mike.bronner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 16:23:19 PDT 2010
I want to thank Scott Webster and Ryan Schmidt for their feedback concerning the isntallation of Asterisk and AsteriskNow on my Mac server.
Here are the steps I ended up with success:
1) Install some pre-reqs (I don't have the list in front of me right now) according to a few tutorials online from MacPorts.
2) Install Asterisk from source using the provided standard *nix installation instructions.
3) Install AsteriskNow from source using the standard *nix installation instructions.
4) Followed an AsteriskNow tutorial on how to install and set up the initial admin user to log in.
5) Deleted /etc/asterisk.
6) Created a symlink /etc/asterisk to point to the actual configuration files installed somewhere under /usr/etc/asterisk (I don't have the exact path in front of me).
Anyway, after some trial and error I did finally succeed. :)
PS: Next project is trying to get Asterisk working with FreePBX on my Mac server.
More information about the macports-users