How to switch smoothly to kdelibs4?

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Wed Aug 25 10:01:32 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

I want to switch over slowly to kdelibs4 to be able to try to build a more recent KDE4 version of kmymoney.
This transition I want to make without loosing my currently working setup.
But since kdelibs3 and kdelibs4 are colliding I thought I might do it like this:

1) Deactivate all KDE3 stuff currently installed using

	sudo port deactivate kdiff3 kmm_banking kmymoney kdelibs3

2) Install all kdelibs4 stuff with additional dependencies

3) Try writing a new portfile for kmymoney version 4.5 (where I expect a lot of trouble with additional dependencies)

4) Deactive kdelibs4 and activate kdelibs3 plus the other ports from point 1 in need of a functioning setup.

Any obstacles which I don't yet see here which might prevent this workflow?

Advice welcome,
Marko