How to switch smoothly to kdelibs4?

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 11:32:03 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Marko Käning <MK-MacPorts at techno.ms> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I want to switch over slowly to kdelibs4 to be able to try to build a more recent KDE4 version of kmymoney.
> This transition I want to make without loosing my currently working setup.
> But since kdelibs3 and kdelibs4 are colliding I thought I might do it like this:

How about:
-deactivate kde3 stuff
-install kde4 stuff including new version of kmymoney
-if it all works then you are done
-if it doesn't work then you can revert back to your kde3 version

In other words, why do you seem to want to end up with a kde4 version
of kmymoney but with kde3 stuff activated?

Scott