Issue in selfupdating macport on Snow Leopard

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Feb 12 20:49:44 PST 2010

Wild guess while you are waiting on other replies...
Have you ran `portindex`, you just run this as a single command, not prefixed wit port at all.

I can not find a man page on portindex, but you have this error:
    Warning: No index(es) found! Have you synced your source indexes?

Reading the source of portindex at /opt/local/bin/portindex
    # Traverse through all ports, creating an index and archiving port directories
    # if requested
    # $Id: portindex.tcl 54378 2009-07-25 21:31:51Z jmr at macports.org $

That sounds a little related to me.