Issue in selfupdating macport on Snow Leopard

Shashwat Anand anand.shashwat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 20:57:56 PST 2010

I tried this:

Shashwat-Anands-MacBook-Pro:bin l0nwlf$ sudo portindex
Creating software index in /opt/local/bin

Total number of ports parsed:    0
Ports successfully parsed:    0
Ports failed:            0

Shashwat-Anands-MacBook-Pro:bin l0nwlf$ pwd
/opt/local/bin
Shashwat-Anands-MacBook-Pro:bin l0nwlf$ portindex
-bash: /opt/local/bin/portindex: Permission denied
Shashwat-Anands-MacBook-Pro:bin l0nwlf$ sudo portindex
sudo: portindex: command not found

It ran just once though.

Now I tried installing a port:

Shashwat-Anands-MacBook-Pro:bin l0nwlf$ sudo port install py26-bpython
--->  Computing dependencies for py26-bpython
--->  Fetching bzip2
--->  Attempting to fetch bzip2-1.0.5.tar.gz from http://www.bzip.org/1.0.5
--->  Attempting to fetch bzip2-1.0.5.tar.gz from
http://distfiles.macports.org/bzip2
--->  Attempting to fetch bzip2-1.0.5.tar.gz from
http://arn.se.distfiles.macports.org/bzip2
--->  Attempting to fetch bzip2-1.0.5.tar.gz from
http://aarnet.au.distfiles.macports.org/pub/macports/mpdistfiles/bzip2
--->  Attempting to fetch bzip2-1.0.5.tar.gz from
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/bzip2
--->  Attempting to fetch bzip2-1.0.5.tar.gz from
http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: py26-parsing python26
bzip2 db46 gdbm gettext expat libiconv gperf ncurses ncursesw openssl zlib
readline sqlite3 tk Xft2 fontconfig freetype pkgconfig xrender xorg-libX11
xorg-bigreqsproto xorg-inputproto xorg-kbproto xorg-libXau xorg-xproto
xorg-libXdmcp xorg-util-macros xorg-xcmiscproto xorg-xextproto
xorg-xf86bigfontproto xorg-xtrans xorg-renderproto tcl xorg-libXScrnSaver
xorg-libXext xorg-scrnsaverproto py26-pygments py26-setuptools
Before reporting a bug, first run the command again with the -d flag to get
complete output.

odd that all the dependencies are installed (not via port though)