Error installing p5-net-libidn

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 13 18:53:50 PST 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 17:26, Scott Haneda wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2010, at 3:06 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Maybe it was a combo of those that messed something up?  Just a random thought, as I am confused, this seems a lot deeper than that, as it is a compile time flag correct?  That is part of core/base, and no port should be altering it?

Actually, the default compiler architecture (x86_64 on Snow Leopard and up, i386 on Leopard and below) is hardcoded into the gcc compiler provided by Xcode. That is the architecture it will use, unless you specify -arch flags to tell it otherwise.

Are any of your other ports installed universal? If so, perhaps they contain arch flags that are messing things up. For each port foo that you have installed universal, you can check whether this is so:

port contents foo | sed 1d | xargs grep -- ' -arch '

If any file of any port contains arch flags, it could indicate a problem. For example, I have just filed a bug report for this problem in apr:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/23702

If you find any other ports like this, please file tickets as well.