MySQL error installing Drupal

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Jan 14 03:22:24 PST 2010

On Jan 14, 2010, at 3:13 AM, Jasper Frumau wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Scott Haneda <talklists at newgeo.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, really quick, and I need to get off to sleep…
>>
>> Maybe you can give us a clear explanation of what your goals are, is it to
>> run Apache2, Mysql5, and php5 all under MacPorts, or do you want to mix and
>> match bits from Apple and  MacPorts?   I suggest the former, and should have
>> nightmares about the later in about a half hour :)
>>

> I would prefer all under MacPorts (Apache2, PHP5 and MySQL5). Apple's
> Websharing / Apache has been turned off and I just now need to get Apache
> and PHP from MacPorts and get all running properly so my Wordpress will run
> again and so I can install Drupal without any issues....  I'd like to avoid
> further hasssles :-) But it can wait until it is day again at your side of
> the planet. Thanks for all the help so far. I appreciate it a lot! I learned
> a lot already!!

Good, that makes it simple, you are mostly there.
I think all you need to to is run the launchctl command to load apache.

This may help some: http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP

You need to run this command:
sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.apache2.plist

But that also means you need to configure Apache a little, this means at the least, the following:
1) Decide if you want user directory support, enable or disable it
2) Decide if you want a local copy of the Apache manual to work, enable or disable it
3) include the "mod_php.conf" into your Apache config file
	This alone could be most of your issues
4) Maybe load the php module, I am not sure the state your setup is in
5) Restart apache after each of those steps, test to be sure they are working.

Talk to you tomorrow.