failure of wxWidgets to build (as dependency for py26-wxpython)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 18 18:08:25 PST 2010

On Jan 18, 2010, at 18:46, Jim Busser wrote:

> My attempt to install py26-wxpython under 10.6.2 Snow Leopard on a MacBook Core 2 Duo seems to fail at wxWidgets. Selected DEBUG output appended.

I am able to install wxWidgets non-universal on Snow Leopard. Are you trying to build it universal? If so, that's #22815. Build it non-universal instead.

> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libz.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libSDLmain.a, file is not of required architecture
> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libSDL.dylib, file is not of required architecture

If you're trying to build wxWidgets universal, then the explanation for the above error messages is that you have not first installed zlib, expat, or libsdl universal. But, doing so will not fix #22815.

Also, I can't build py26-wxpython; I get the problem in #19583.