confusing 'port echo' output

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Jan 30 20:44:21 PST 2010

On 2010-01-30 08:16 , Pavel Hlavnicka wrote:
> so for some reason when "installed" pseudo port name is used the
> output contains the version and variant installed... is there any
> reason for this? I would expect to get port names only in both cases.
> Is it possible I have found something what might be called a bug? ;)

The reason for this is probably that the output could also be confusing
with duplicates. As you can have multiple versions of the same port
being installed, 'port echo' could list a port name multiple times in a
undistinguishably way.

On current trunk, I changed 'port -q echo' to always print names only in
r63273.

Rainer