A word on Trac ticket submissions...

Scott Webster sewebster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 13:56:15 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Jeff Singleton <gvibe06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> piece of information on there.  Oh .. I never have this conversation with
> other bug sites...probably because the bug form itself contains enough
> information that reading a manual is not required.

Well, the current system isn't supremely broken, because someone often
just "corrects" the ticket to add the maintainer.  Usually someone has
to modify the ticket anyway to "assign" it.  Having the submitter cc
the maintainer is superior though since it lets the maintainer know
faster and reduces workload for others.

My idea was to add a note JUST below the cc field to say something
like "always cc the maintainer, check "port info <portname>" or
something like that.  We might also solve some problems by removing
default permissions to adjust the priority, keywords, milestone, and
possibly version since those are often entered "incorrectly."  Perhaps
something saying "don't cc yourself" would be good too.

Scott