Just found out Ports/Fink is not the same

Ben Greenfield ben at cogs.com
Sat Sep 18 18:57:31 PDT 2010

fink predates (I used back in the mac os x server days (os 9 with next parts)) macports and which started I think as Darwinports.d
They do/did the same thing manage port trees for os x.

When Jordan Hubbard joined darwinports I switched from fink to darwinports because I thought Jordan was so cool and he if was going to help out the mac platform I would follow.

that is my point of view,

Ben