Installed macports what to do next

james collins james.collins75 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:53:49 PDT 2011

I used subversion to get the ports tree.

Rsync isn't working and I don't know why? The first time I got macports it worked?

I synced via the files I got through subversion. But selfupdate doesn't work, failing because of rsync. I have edited my sources.conf file.

So I am trying to figure out why rsync isn't working. I have run selfupdate with the -v -d flags and I can put in my terminal output.

But I wondered a couple of things

One is, terminal mentions a log, saying the shell command failed (see log for details) where could I find the log?

Also, like I said I used subversion to obtain the ports tree. And ran the sync command. But when I run

sudo port -v install recoll

I still get an error:

Error: Port recoll not found

Why can't my macports find the recoll port? I have found recoll on my computer from the sources from the port tree?

Just curious, I know rsync would still fail but shouldn't macports find recoll?

I can show my terminal output regarding rsync, and also the log file if I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone