Compiling PL/R (R language module for PostgreSQL database)

Joe Conway mail at joeconway.com
Mon Feb 14 12:44:52 PST 2011

On 02/14/2011 12:33 PM, JP Glutting wrote:
> I love PL/R, it is going to be great for my Master's thesis project.
> Thanks for making it! I also see it being a real powerful tool going
> forward for other projects.

Great to hear!

> I assumed the x86_64 directories (etc.) are used for platform-specific
> features, but I wouldn't know for sure.
>
> BTW, since you are on this list, is PL/R actually packaged for Macports?
> Or might you consider it? I couldn't find it in in the package list.

Actually, I only saw your post because I have a google alert that
spotted it. I signed up for the list so I can post, but promptly went
nomail as I already belong to far too many lists to read in a day.

I have no problems with packaging PL/R for Macports, and even bought a
Macbook Pro almost two years ago so I could do such things, but have
never been able to find the time to get over the initial learning curve
to do the packaging. I'm more than happy to help someone who already
knows what they're doing with the packaging though ;-)

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us