Problems with gnuplot from marcports

Marcelo Chiapparini marcelo.chiapparini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 08:41:06 PST 2011

Hello,

I've just bought a new iMac, running OS X 10.6. I am using it at home. In
order to maintain compatibility with files created at work, under Linux, I
want to install gnuplot on my Imac. So, I am using MacPorts, which I've
found a very helpful and clever project (thank you guys!).

So, I followed the instructions from the MacPorts site, and installed
macports, xcode (the latest version available) and gnuplot. Everything went
fine. Gnuplot works well from the command line. The problems appears when I
try to load and script. When I call gnuplot from the directory of the
scritp, I get the following:

Yggdrasill2:cbpf marcelo$ gnuplot

G N U P L O T
Version 4.4 patchlevel 2
 last modified Wed Sep 22 12:10:34 PDT 2010
System: Darwin 10.5.0

 Copyright (C) 1986-1993, 1998, 2004, 2007-2010
Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

gnuplot home:     http://www.gnuplot.info
faq, bugs, etc:   type "help seeking-assistance"
 immediate help:   type "help"
plot window:      hit 'h'

Terminal type set to 'aqua'

gnuplot> load "qhdmmint.gplt"
                             ^
         Cannot open load file 'qhdmmint.gplt'
         util.c: No such file or directory

The file qhdmmint.gplt is in the directory from which I called gnuplot, so I
don't understand the error... I've googled the internet, with no success.
Any help will be very welcome,

Regards

Marcelo