Xcode version issue

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Nov 6 11:08:47 PST 2011

On Nov 6, 2011, at 12:53, Duke Normandin wrote:

> On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 12:44:10 -0600 Ryan wrote:
>
>> I'm not familiar with Porticus so I can't say. I do know that if
>> you were upgrading from MacPorts 1.x, you would have to run "sudo
>> port selfupdate" twice to properly reindex the ports. Glad you
>> got it working.
>
> Not sure what version of MacPorts I did have; and I sure didn't
> know that I would have had to run "selfupdate" twice. Guess I've
> been away from FreeBSD for too long. :) Thanks for the tip.

Yes unfortunately we realized too late (i.e. after releasing MacPorts 2) that creating the index of ports would not work unless you run selfupdate a second time. We've already fixed MacPorts base to tell you when you need to run selfupdate a second time, but this will only be shown if you're upgrading *from* MacPorts 2.0.2 or later. So this will help us in the future but unfortunately not for the upgrade from MacPorts 1.x.