Binary builds???

Jason Penney jpenney at jczorkmid.net
Tue Nov 22 09:17:15 PST 2011

On 11/19/11 6:21 AM, Joshua Root wrote:
> Scott Webster wrote:
>> I think it should be automatic.  Maybe check that your
>> portarchivetype
>> line is tbz2 (or commented out) in macports.conf.  Somehow mine was
>> set to something else and it wouldn't use the binaries.
>
> That setting should really just control what kind of archives are
> generated locally, and there needs to be another one associated with
> each archive source indicating what archive type(s) it provides. Of
> course there's no way to configure multiple archive sources yet either
> (apart from ARCHIVE_SITE_LOCAL with all its limitations). Maybe in
> 2.1.

I agree (I posted about this on 11/11 but didn't get any responses).
I've been using archivemode with a network of macs and an NFS share for
years, and the 2.0 changes made things a lot harder for my setup.  Also,
I've always built tgz, so if I change it to the current default, none of
my existing archives are found, which is annoying.

Jay

--
Jason C Penney (jpenney at jczorkmid.net)
http://jasonpenney.net/