What/where Xcode 4.0.2 for Macports install in Snow Leopard?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 00:41:31 PST 2011

FWIW and I am not sure if it is relevant, I bought a Macbook Pro in June
this year, in Australia, with Snow Leopard 10.6.8.  The deal included a
free upgrade to LIon, which I have not yet taken up.  I expressed interest
in becoming an Apple developer and was told I would get a free copy
of XCode on the disks that came with the computer, not knowing at the
time what that meant.  On my disks I found XCode 4.0.2.  I used the
UNIX and command-line bit when installing Macports (v 1.9.2).

So I guess there was a small time-window available to new buyers.

I have not yet upgraded to Macports 2.  That is a pleasure still in
store ... ;-)  I am a KDE developer and have been busy recently
meeting various deadlines and freezes ...

BTW I have been doing all recent (KDE app) development on the
Macbook, using KDE and Qt libraries supplied by Macports and
the final tests worked fine on a LInux machine.

Good on yer [1] Macports and, Ryan, you are a legend !!!
Cheers, Ian Wadham.

[1] Australian colloquial saying.