What/where Xcode 4.0.2 for Macports install in Snow Leopard?

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Wed Nov 30 00:50:41 PST 2011

In article <DA763D97-C8BD-4151-8873-308E916466DD at gmail.com>,
 Dominik Reichardt <domiman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, on the SL machine with my App Store account with which I bought Xcode 4.0
> back then on SL:
>
> In the purchased list I see two Xcode apps to install:
> - Xcode (which is the one you can find in the store through searching and
> which will not even download on SL because it is for Lion only)
> - Xcode for Snow Leopard
>
> Clicking on the icon for Xcode for snow Leopard will produce an error that
> the App Store can't finish the request (since there is no actual application
> page for that).
> Clicking on install will download it correctly and looking at the content it
> is indeed Xcode 4.2, so it is safe to assume that whoever purchased Xcode 4.0
> will always be up to date with the Xcode 4.x that Apple offers in the
> developer members area.
> However I did *not* install it since I want to keep that SL machine in a
> default user condition without any developer stuff so I can be assured that
> apps built on my development machine do actually run on a default machine :)

Thanks very much, Dom, for investigating!  Your findings are what I
thought would be the most likely case, under the circumstances.
Unfortunately, that means those of us supporting open-source projects do
need to worry about both Xcode 3.2 and 4.2 on Snow Leopard as well as
4.2 on Lion.  Apple certainly has made life *interesting*.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org