Can selfupdate be done incrementally

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Fri Apr 6 10:58:03 PDT 2012

I use a 2012 Mac Mini with OSX Lion.

I haven't run selfupdate in some time.

My observations in the past is that this machine runs alarmingly hot
during long compiles. I recall being very nervous during the last
selfupdate with temperature raising to as 180 F or more.

I'm wondering if it is possible to do selfupdate a step or
dependency at a time. That way, I could allow the machine to cool
off before resuming.

Any comments are welcome.

FYI: I am a former C programmer and have deep in the recesses of my
memory some acquaintance with compile issues and makefiles.

FYI2: I will post to the Mac Mini forum the heat issue and see what
other Mini users have to say.

thanks in advance
--
Tim