Using MacPorts Python packages in different Python

Kamesh Krishnamurthy kameshkk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:56:54 PDT 2012

My main reason for using Enthought Python is that they build Numpy and
Scipy with intel MKL libraries -- these are significantly faster than the
Accelerate framework on the Mac which MacPorts Numpy and Scipy use.

It would be great if MacPorts can include the Intel MKL runtime libraries
in their distribution. I have no idea what this would mean in terms of
getting licences; however, given that the BLAS libraries form the backbone
of any scientific computing software, I'm guessing this would be a popular
request.

Best,
-Kamesh