Using MacPorts Python packages in different Python

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 17 12:10:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

Based on the Intel web site you get if you search for Intel MKL, http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl/ I would say its highly unlikely MacPorts will ever include this. As good as they might be, they cost.

> It would be great if MacPorts can include the Intel MKL runtime libraries in their distribution. I have no idea what this would mean in terms of getting licences; however, given that the BLAS libraries form the backbone of any scientific computing software, I'm guessing this would be a popular request.

(Speaking as a scientist myself, I would say thats over egging things a little…)

I would say your best bet is probably to get what you need included in the Enthought python version directly, and not rely on the MacPorts packages.

Chris