Which version of "Wine", or am I on the wrong track?

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Tue Apr 17 14:39:14 PDT 2012

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Michael_google gmail_Gersten wrote:

>>> Pretty sure you can cut frames with iMovie.
>
> I am completely unable to manage selecting frames and deleting them
> with iMovie. Maybe there's a trick that I don't know.
>
> Things/commands/keystrokes behave differently when there is a
> selection inside the current clip and when there is not.
> Things behave differently when you are working with a clip in a
> project vs an event clip.
> I cannot find a way to adjust the left/right ends of a selection
> without simply moving the selection -- the length of the selection
> does not change when I try to adjust the start or end point of a
> selection.
>
> I want to be able to say "This selection is what I want to toss", and
> at other times "This selection is what I want to keep".

Not reallly how iMovie works.

What you need to do is just insert 'cuts'.

Say the following is your video:

Now say you want to remove a chunk in there, you would just 'cut' it in
front of band behind where you want, effectively making 3 separate videos
that are now strung together.

----------|------------|------------------

Now just click on the middle section and remove it

Video editing is a little different mind-set from editing pretty much
anything else.  Think of your video as a long section of tape, or even
film.  If you want to remove frames from a section of film, you cut on
either side of it and remove it, then splice the two ends together.
Since you're all digital now, the splicing is automatic, even giving you
the chance to add a transition for dramatic effect.

It's been a while since I've done anything in iMovie, but that's the
gist of it.

But now we're way off topic for this list. :)

--
Michael Parson
Unix Thug