Xcode 4.3: Apparently Persistent License Agreement

Anthony Michael Agelastos iqgrande at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:22:05 PST 2012

On Feb 18, 2012, at 5:45 AM, Aljaž Srebrnič wrote:

> On 18/feb/2012, at 13:42, Kevin Reid wrote:
>
>> On Feb 17, 2012, at 22:54, Anthony Michael Agelastos wrote:
>>
>>> When I peruse the main.log file it creates, I notice the following at the bottom.
>>>
>>> <snip of main.log>
>>> :info:build You have not agreed to the Xcode license agreements, please run xcodebuild standalone from within a Terminal window to review and agree to the Xcode license agreements.
>>> </snip of main.log>
>>>
>>> This looks like I need to agree to the license agreement. The only issue, though, is that I already have. I launch Xcode 4.3 (through Finder and `open /Applications/Xcode.app`) and it doesn't prompt me with anything. I even created a "Hello World!" console application and successfully built it with Xcode 4.3. Does anyone have any ideas with regards to this? I have also attached the main.log.
>>
>> I haven't used Xcode 4.3, but I would suggest following its instructions: run the xcodebuild command in order to acknowledge the license agreement -- _as the macports user_ since that's what is used for builds, IIRC. (I'm assuming that the "read license" flag is stored per-user.)
>
> unfortunately this doesn't work, probably because the license agreement is stored in the home directory of the user (which is /var/empty for macports user)

For situations such as this, could/should a $HOME be created for macports user within /opt/local, e.g. /opt/local/home? I am not familiar with how MacPorts handles its builds behind the scenes, but all of the files within /opt/local are owned by root user and admin or wheel groups. So, does macports user do a chown on the data, or is root (through sudo typically) the one doing the building? If root is doing the building, should root be the one with the license agreement?

Also, from what I can tell, and I could easily be wrong, this license agreement verification is stored within $HOME/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist.

Kind regards,

Anthony