py27_wxpython

Ulrich Wienands wienands at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 12:38:51 PST 2012

Ok, so I did my sudo port -d sync. It works & updates a whole bunch of stuff.

Retry to install py27-wxpython, but now... it is no longer there:
--------------------
[UBC-PowerBook:~] uli% sudo port -d install py27-wxpython
Error: Port py27-wxpython not found
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
--------------------
Sure enough; the sync deleted py27-wxpython. It added
py27-wxpython-devel, which neeeds wxWidgets-devel. Trying that one,
and it bombs:
----------------------------
<snipped out updating of some dependencies that worked>...

DEBUG: OS darwin/8.11.0 (Mac OS X 10.4) arch powerpc
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/muniversal-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: universal variant already exists, so not adding the default one
DEBUG: epoch: in tree: 0 installed: 0
DEBUG: gperf 3.0.4_2 exists in the ports tree
DEBUG: gperf 3.0.4_0  is the latest installed
DEBUG: gperf 3.0.4_0  is active
DEBUG: Merging existing variants '' into variants
DEBUG: new fully merged portvariants:
DEBUG: Changing to port directory:
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/gperf
DEBUG: OS darwin/8.11.0 (Mac OS X 10.4) arch powerpc
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing
procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a
pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: Using group file
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/group/muniversal-1.0.tcl
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: invalid command name "installs_libs"
    while executing
"installs_libs   no"
    (file "Portfile" line 12)
    invoked from within
"source Portfile"
    invoked from within
"$workername eval source Portfile"
    (procedure "mportopen" line 49)
    invoked from within
"mportopen $porturl [array get interp_options] [array get variations]"
Error: Unable to open port: invalid command name "installs_libs"
DEBUG: upgrade libiconv failed
    while executing
"macports::_upgrade_mport_deps $mport $target"
    (procedure "mportexec" line 26)
    invoked from within
"mportexec $workername $target"
Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade libiconv failed
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
[UBC-PowerBook:~] uli%
So now I am stuck with no more py27-wxpython and a development version
what I cannot use because the wxWidgets version won't install... not a
happy situation.

What gives?

Uli