None example in macport/share/qt4 folder

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jul 22 01:13:49 PDT 2012

I'm not sure how well I'm able to help you. I'm not terribly familiar with Qt; I just have it installed because some of the other ports I use require it.

On Jul 21, 2012, at 12:24, Michael Parchet wrote:

> Le 21.07.12 15:30, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>> On Jul 21, 2012, at 08:21, Michael Parchet wrote:
>>
>>> I have installed the qt4-mac and qt4-creator-mac package but I can't find the doc and example in the macport(/opt/local)/share/qt4 folder.
>>>
>>> Why
>>>
>>> Qt4 and qt4-creator has not been installed ?
>>>
>>> A package isn't completed ?
>> Exactly what files are you expecting to see? Perhaps the maintainer of whatever package usually provides those files simply hasn't instructed MacPorts to install them. Or perhaps they're installed in a location you didn't expect.
>>
>> Hello,
>
> I wold like to see the examples and the demos files

Try opening these HTML pages in a browser; they seem to describe all the available included examples and demos:

file:///opt/local/share/doc/qt4/html/all-examples.html

file:///opt/local/share/doc/qt4/html/demos.html

> There is respectively throw xml files "examples-manifest" and "demo-manifest" with contain the examples and he demos urls.

I do see those two xml files, but I'm not familiar with these "manifest" files or what uses them. I do see some URLs in them, like:

        <demo name="40000 Chips" docUrl="qthelp://com.trolltech.qt.482/qdoc/demos-chip.html" projectPath="chip/chip.pro" imageUrl="qthelp://com.trolltech.qt.482/qdoc/images/chip-demo.png">

I don't know what application is meant to process these "qthelp" URLs.

> But it seem that the macort qt-creator version not use this files to find the examples and demos. Otherwise, it seems that. qt-make which is in the macport/bin folder isen't setup by default for the qt4-creator macort version.

I've never used Qt Creator and I haven't used qmake directly (just indirectly, by installing some other ports). So I'm not clear on how or if they're supposed to know about each other or how they're supposed to behave.

I think your best bet may be to consult the normal Qt documentation, since it sounds like your questions may be more about Qt and less about MacPorts. If you can't find documentation on a particular Qt topic, ask in a Qt support venue.

If something documented by the Qt people doesn't seem to work that way in the MacPorts version, then that would be a time to report the issue to us so that we can fix our Qt installation to match the Qt documentation.