Processing of port gimp-help-en failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 31 23:31:37 PDT 2012

On Aug 1, 2012, at 01:25, Jim Graham <spooky130u at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 01:10:01AM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> Hmmmm, this looks oddly familiar.  In fact, it's EXACTLY what I'm seeing.
>>
>> The above doesn't actually say very much. It just says gimp-help-en
>> failed to build, but it doesn't say why; to learn why, we'd have to
>> read the main.log. So we don't know, just based on the above, that you
>> were seeing the same error as FritzS.
>
> Where is main.log?  I looked in the directory I was in while trying to
> build gimp, in the ports/graphics directory, and in the gimp directory.
> No main.log.

MacPorts prints its location anytime an error occurs. Quoting from before:

That was from FritzS's system; it's possible you've configured your system to have it at a different location, so just use the location MacPorts prints on your system. You can also use the command "port logfile gimp-help-en" to see the location printed again. Note that if a port builds successfully, its log is deleted; if you want to keep logs even for successful builds, set "keeplogs yes" in macports.conf.

>>> Also, what variant do I use to get gimpshop?
>>
>> I'm sorry, I don't know what gimpshop is or how it can be installed
>> using MacPorts.
>
> Seriously?  It's a UI/theme/whatever that supposedly makes gimp look and
> work like Photoshop.  I got used to the UI in Photoshop when I worked in
> Special Ops Intel, and would like to see if gimpshop actually lives up to
> its name.

Yes, sorry, I don't use gimp and am not familiar with it. That sounds nice though and if we don't already have a way to install that in MacPorts then we should certainly get one.