looking for older Tcl/Tk ports

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 11:25:58 PDT 2012

I'm looking for either a version of MacPorts or someone here, with Tcl/Tk
8.4.x (8.4.19 is the oldest) and Img 1.2.4.  I compiled Tcl/Tk 8.4.19,
and everything looked fine, until I tried to use it.  It complained about
Tk not being installed correctly (by make install).  Btw, I've got Mac
OS X Lion (Mac Mini i7) ... as of Wednesday....  :-)

Img 1.2.4 failed to compile due to an error about the wrong number of
args between a function in Tk's code and its use in Img 1.2.4's code.

If anyone has these compiled and working, or knows which version of
MacPorts has them, please let me know.

I tried using the ActiveState release, but it doesn't follow the geometry
specified for JStrack---it makes the main window considerably larger than
my ~/.jstrackrc says it should.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
   --jim

PS:  Why the older code?  Because my freeware hurricane tracking program,
     JStrack, still uses the older code.  The biggest push toward 8.5
     (beyond its early stages when bugs were still being worked out)
     was after cancer #1, which left me far less able to spend the time
     to adapt JStrack and its filters that "read" and process National
     Hurricane Center (NHC) products (and the HTTP script that, for
     users without procmail, goes out and tries its luck with the NHC
     server).  I'll eventually get that updated, but not today.  And I
     still can't find Img for Mac OS X Lion, either.

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | Peter da Silva:  No, try "rm -rf /"

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html