PHP53 / PHP54 - port select php

Wilks, Daniel dwilks at intacct.com
Wed May 16 15:42:22 PDT 2012

By the way, some php libraries, like APC, Pear aren't provided with
the both new php ports (php53 & php54). Can we expect to see them back
(like with php5 old port) ?

I am in the process of converting the PHP extensions. APC is on the list, but is on the list of extensions that are a little different from the others, so it will probably be done last, after I've done the easy ones.

PEAR is not an extension at all but an infrastructure for installing additional non-compiled PHP code. Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla at macports.org<http://macports.org>) is responsible for PEAR in MacPorts and you should email him about his plans for PEAR.

I'm also anxiously waiting for php54-memcache along with php54-pear.  I keep looking for tickets that might indicate their progress but either they don't exist or I don't know the magic search sauce.  Seriously though, thanks for the effort y'all put into this.

Most PHP extensions that are not bundled with PHP are not available yet. I am working on them; no need to report them. There will be a separate ticket for this.