build fails after system recovery

Stephan Eickschen stephan.eickschen at eiskultur.de
Thu Nov 15 02:29:03 PST 2012

Hi all,

first my apologies for being a complete macports-newbie.

Some days ago I had to recover my entire system from time machine due to this damn Seagate-HDD-iMac-thing: I experienced a complete HDD failure two days before the HDD exchange was planed :-( Most things are up and running again but I can't get macports working again. Well, macports itself works, but building ports fails.

* System: iMac running MacOSX 10.6.8
* XCode: 3.2.6 (deinstalled, reinstalled from DVD and patched by Software Update)
* macports deinstalled and reinstalled from MacPorts-2.1.2-10.6-SnowLeopard and "sudo port -d selfupdate" done

When running
sudo port install cmake ghostscript netcdf
the process crashes with

--->  Building ghostscript
Error: org.macports.build for port ghostscript returned: command execution failed
Please see the log file for port ghostscript for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_print_ghostscript/ghostscript/main.log
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port ghostscript failed

I attach the named file.

For the moment I don't think that this is a bug.

Any help appreciated, I hope that I didn't miss something obvious,
regards,

Stephan