Macports and Octave packages

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Fri Nov 23 16:26:44 PST 2012

Thanks as always for your efforts.

I went ahead and installed octave-devel (3.6.3) from macports and tried designing a filter using ellip(bla bla) from the signals package and it worked, so apparently the new installation is finding my older installed add-ons. I suppose there is an octave configuration file for add-ons somewhere that I set up earlier with my non-macports 3.4 version that is still functioning correctly with the new macports version 3.6.3. So that will get me by for the time being but it will be nice to be able to maintain current add-on versions more easily in the future.

Jerry