SSH Locale Error

brandon s allbery kf8nh allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 05:31:12 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 4 October 2012 at 07:12, Jasper Frumau wrote:
> ~/bin/psmanager.pl (http://psmanager.pl) check
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>     LANGUAGE = (unset),
>     LC_ALL = (unset),
>     LC_COLLATE = "C",
>     LC_CTYPE = "UTF-8",
>     LANG = (unset)
>     are supported and installed on your system.
DreamHost doesn't support UTF8, then?  (Being that you have the fallback locale for everything but CTYPE, and that is UTF8.)  In the modern world, this means someone to be avoided because they can't talk to anyone outside of (and some inside) the US and Western Europe.

If you must, you can force the locale to C for their benefit.  But I strongly suggest finding a hosting provider that knows that there are such places as China, India, Turkey, etc. and is willing to communicate with them.

unix/linux, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure          http://sinenomine.net