question about zmq

Comer Duncan comer.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:53:09 PDT 2012

Yesterday I did

sudo port selfupdate and then sudo port upgrade outdated. As usual it took
'forever'. This morning when I checked I see at the end of the output:

Error: Unable to upgrade port: Can't install zmq because conflicting ports
are installed: zmq22

So, then I did:

port search zmq and got:

czmq @1.2.0 (devel, sysutils, net)
    High-level C Binding for ØMQ

py-zmq @2.2.0.1 (python, devel, net)
    Python bindings for ØMQ

py26-zmq @2.2.0.1 (python, devel, net)
    Python bindings for ØMQ

py27-zmq @2.2.0.1 (python, devel, net)
    Python bindings for ØMQ

py31-zmq @2.2.0.1 (python, devel, net)
    Python bindings for ØMQ

py32-zmq @2.2.0.1 (python, devel, net)
    Python bindings for ØMQ

zmq @3.2.0-rc1 (devel, net)
    ØMQ (ZeroMQ) lightweight messaging kernel

zmq20 @2.0.11 (devel, net)
    ØMQ lightweight messaging kernel, 2.0.x branch

zmq22 @2.2.0 (devel, net)
    ØMQ (ZeroMQ) lightweight messaging kernel, 2.2.x branch

So my question is what can I do now?  Which zmq ports are conflicting? Of
the conflicting ones which is preferable over the others. That is, in my
apparent light understanding of using the port command I find the message
quite inadequate to lead me. Can you guys please help?

Thanks very much.

Comer