port info problem

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Tue Apr 9 04:02:19 PDT 2013

Hello!
well, that is because in your variants.conf you have disabled x11 (-x11), but the default variants of R-framework specifies +cairo, which requires +x11. So, the way to solve this is:

- Enable cairo only if +x11 is requested
- Remove cairo from default_variants

either of the options are to be implemented by the maintainer. You should open a ticket at http://trac.macports.org and Cc the maintainer.

In the meantime, you can check out the port information by entering:

$ port info R-framework -cairo

On 09/apr/2013, at 12:08, Federico Calboli <f.calboli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I was checking (out of academic curiosity) the port for R.
>
> :~$ port info R
> R @2.15.3 (math, science)
> Variants:             aqua, debug, gcc43, gcc44, gcc45, gcc46, [+]gcc47, [+]recommended

>                      and nonlinear modeling, classical statistical tests, time-series analysis, classification, clustering, ...) and graphical
>                      techniques, and is highly extensible.
> Homepage:             http://www.r-project.org/
>
> Build Dependencies:   pkgconfig
> Library Dependencies: gettext, icu, glib2, jpeg, libiconv, cairo, pango, readline, tcl, tk, tiff, xorg-libXmu, xorg-libXScrnSaver, gcc47
> Conflicts with:       R-framework
> Platforms:            darwin
> License:              GPL-2 GPL-3
> Maintainers:          kjell.konis at me.com
>
> I was curious to know more about R-framework, due to the conflict with R, so I tried
>
> :~$ port info R-framework
> Error: Inconsistent variant specification: R-framework variant +x11 is required by at least one of +cairo +accelerate +gcc47 +recommended, but specified -x11
> Error: Unable to open port: Error evaluating variants
>
> WTF?  I might not be interested installing a port (in fact I do not install R through macports in the first place), but why can't I get info about it if I want?  The fact I do not want macports to install x11 has nothing to do with my ability to read info about a port.
>
> Bizarre.
>
> BW

Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey